Corridor Nine Area Chamber Committees
(Meeting Schedules subject to change. Contact the Chamber office to confirm meeting dates and schedule.)
Monthly meeting: third Friday of the month, 7:30-8:30 am, Chamber Office
The mission of the Ambassador Committee is to actively promote the Chamber in the business community, recruit prospective new members, and mentor new and existing members to help them remain active and involved. If you are driven to engage with the Chamber and the business community, passionate about helping other members engage, and enjoys expanding your professional contacts, the Ambassador Committee is for you.
Monthly meeting: second Thursday of the month, 8:00-9:00 am, Chamber Office
The mission of the Membership Committee is to develop membership growth programs and improve membership retention. The committee's responsibilities include: organize new member campaigns, welcome new members, implement retention plan, facilitate information sessions for prospects at membership breakfasts, oversee Chamber Orientation program, and develop new initiatives to support growth and retention.
SCHOOL/BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP COMMITTEE
Meetings held in February, March, April, September, October, November and scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month from 7:30-9:00 am at various school and business locations.
The mission of the School/Business Partnership Committee is to be an effective resource for our schools and a driving force in school/business relationships. The committee's responsibilities include:
* Develop needs-based programs for schools that the Chamber can support
* Act as a conduit to match school needs with community and business resources
* Foster a two-way partnership between schools and businesses that benefits both parties
* Participate in school and Chamber programs that supports the partnership
* Provide recognition to businesses to highlight their support of the educational community
* Help the community at large understand the link between excellent schools and business success
Monthly morning meetings held from January-June, Chamber Office
The mission of the Golf Committee is to organize an annual golf tournament. The committee is responsible for recruiting tournament sponsors, collecting prizes for raffle table, selling tee sponsorships, developing new fundraising ideas, and to help facilitate activities on the day of the event.
Monthly morning meetings are held starting in March, Chamber office
The mission of the Race Committee is to organize an annual 5k Road Race held in September in conjunction with the Town of Northborough's Applefest weekend. The committee's responsibilities include soliciting race sponsors, promoting the race, developing new fundraising ideas to enhance the race and attract runners, and volunteering on the day of the race to help with set-up and clean-up.
HYPE9 STEERING COMMITTEE
Monthly meeting: second Friday of the month, 8:00-9:00 am, Chamber Office
HYPE9 is the young professionals group of Corridor Nine and you must be under 40 years old to participate on this committee and attend the group's activities. The mission of the committee is to help young professionals build relationships, develop professionally, and contribute to the local community through specific activities. The committee's responsibilities include:
* Actively promote the mission of HYPE9 and be a "good will ambassador" for the goals and objectives of HYPE9
* Strive to attend all committee meetings and demonstrate commitment to HYPE9 activities
* Participate in recruiting and engaging other young professionals to join HYPE9
* Help develop and implement events for HYPE9
* Volunteer for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time
* Develop fundraising activities for HYPE9/Corridor Nine